The Critical Skills Employment Permit (CSEP)
Designed to facilitate the entrance of highly skilled personnel into Ireland.
- A Labour Market Needs Test is not required.
- Holders of a CSEP do not have to renew the Permit; after 2 years on the CSEP they may apply to move to a Stamp 4. This allows the Holder to work in Ireland without an employment permit.
- Immediate entry of family – spouse, de facto partner (subject to pre – clearance) civil partnership, dependent children of 18 and under (or up to 23 years in full time education, or older children with medical/ psychological needs).
- Stamp 1G available to a spouse, de facto partner; this allows work in Ireland without the requirement for an employment permit.
- After a period of 2 years on a CSEP and 3 years on the following Stamp 4, the Holder may apply to naturalise as Irish.
- The job offer must be for a period of not less than 24 months.
- The job must have either: An annual gross basic salary of over €60,000, available to all job types (apart from those on the Ineligible Categories of Employment List). In this instance the candidate does not require a relevant degree but must have the necessary level of experience, or
- An annual gross basic salary in the range of €30,000 – €59,999, available to a restricted number of strategically important occupations: ICT professionals, health care professionals, engineers/ technologists, researchers/ natural scientists, business / financial professionals, specialist managers. A relevant degree or higher is required.
- 50% or more of the employees in the firm must be EEA nationals at the time of application. This restriction may be waived in respect of start-up companies supported by Enterprise Ireland or IDA Ireland.
- The job offer must be unconditional and from a bona-fide employer based and trading in Ireland.
CSEP Challenges and Solutions
The CSEP criteria and application process can pose challenges to the applicant; particularly establishing the employment background, job type and relevance of the degree. The presentation of the correct documents to government and accuracy on the application form also require consideration.
We successfully handle a substantial number of CSEP applications for a variety of sectors and are experts in CSEP acquisition. Contact us on your CSEP matter – for a chat, briefing service, or full application service. We are always delighted to assist.