Long Term Residence (Stamp 4) and “Without Condition as to Time” (Stamp 5)
These stamps are available in circumstances were an applicant may not be able to avail of Irish Citizenship, for example where their country of nationality precludes holding dual citizenship. The application is made through the Department of Justice and available to those with 5 years and 8 years on certain types of reckonable (legal) residence in the Irish State.
LTR Stamp 4/ Stamp 5 Benefits
- Both the LTR Stamp 4 and the Stamp 5 remove the Holder from the Irish immigration regime, allowing work and residence in Ireland without an employment permit.
- LTR Stamp 4 is issued in the first instance for 5 years, thereafter renewable.
- The duration of the Stamp 5 will match the duration of the passport into which is placed.
LTR Stamp 4/ Stamp 5 Criteria
- The LTR Stamp 4 is available for applicants who have a minimum 5 years legal residence in the Irish State under employment permit conditions, reflected in the corresponding Stamp 1 and Stamp 4 endorsements in the passport.
- The Stamp 5 may be sought when a person has completed 8 years legal residence in Ireland.
LTR Stamp 4/ Stamp 5 Challenges and Solutions
The criteria needed to acquire these stamps can pose challenges for the applicant; particularly establishing the previous immigration and residence requirements for the required duration. The presentation of the correct documents to the Department of Justice and accuracy on the application form also require consideration.
The application process is challenging, we are here to assist you navigate the process. Contact us for further details.