Full details in relation to a new Preclearance arrangements for De Facto Partners of
CSEP holders will be published on 1st April 2019.
A full list of the criteria for the scheme and the documents required in making an
application will be provided when the new arrangements are launched on 1 April,
For immigration purposes, a person may be considered the de facto partner, opposite
or same sex, of another person if:
- they have a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others akin
to a marriage or civil partnership in practice though not in law, and
- the relationship between them is genuine and continuing, and
- they live together or do not live separately and apart on a permanent basis, and,
- they are not related by family.
- The applicant must be in a position to provide evidence of
- a genuine, long-term, durable relationship,
- living with their de facto partner as a family unit for at least two years prior to
the commencement of this scheme.
Note: the Scheme will apply to Visa and non Visa required nationalities. Further details will be published on 1st April 2019.